Studying Drama might not seem like the obvious choice to start a sustainable career. But don’t worry the skills you can develop with a Drama degree are priceless and can help you to get into a career you love.
Skills you will develop
1. Creativity: Develop your creative side as you come up with ideas, arguments and projects while you study with us. Useful for: problem-solving, leading projects, researching new topics.
2. Critical Thinking & Writing: Make informed arguments verbally and in writing with skill. Useful for: analysis of text and data in many career areas, writing reports, writing copy for advertising, creating content. Useful for becoming: a lawyer, journalist, entrepreneur.
3. Confidence: Build assertiveness and stand up for what you believe in through the confidence our courses can give you. Useful for: public speaking, acting/performing, presenting ideas in any job.
4. Understanding Social Justice & Cultural History: Theatre and performance doesn’t exist in a vacuum and can be used for activism, education and heath. Useful for: working in care, NGOs, health and education settings such as been a drama teacher.
5. Teamwork & Project Management: Our courses feature collaborative working practices and lots of independent work so you can practice creating your own projects and research ideas with the support of your peers and our tutors. Useful for: creating a theatre company, directing, developing scripts and ideas and managing people.
Careers you can do
Here are 5 stories about what some of our Drama graduates have gone on to do:
2. THEATRE PRODUCER – Karl Taylor works as an independent producer for top alternative theatre legends including Scottee, Lucy McCormick and many more.
4. SOCIAL MEDIA – Anastasia Nicholl works on Brand Partnerships for TikTok.
5. USER EXPERIENCE DESIGNER AND EXPERIENCE STRATEGIST – Rochelle Dancel has worked with Diageo (Malts), Disney, The Economist, Emirates Airline, Jack Daniel’s, Kellogg’s, Knight Frank, Kozel, Miller Genuine Draft, McDonald’s, MTV, National Rail, The National Trust, NHS BSA, Volkswagen and more.