Queen Mary has received additional funding to assist students who need additional financial support as a result of Covid-19 including:
The bursaries are to support:
- Care Leavers or Estranged students aged under 25
- Students who are parents with children living with them
Covid-19 Financial Assistance Awards
These awards are for any student, and are based on financial need
- If you have lost your job; you are unable to work due to Covid-19; you are unable to find part-time work due to the current circumstances; your hours of employment have been reduced
- Help with additional accommodation or living costs, such as moving home and having to contribute to costs while still paying full rental accommodation costs in London
- Support towards a laptop if you need to purchase one to support remote learning
- Support towards any additional peripheral IT costs; such as internet to support remote learning
These funds are now live on the website at the following link, please do direct students there where relevant.
This funding is in addition to the existing funding offered to students via the Financial Assistance Fund.