Here’s 7 reasons why Queen Mary University of London should be your first choice.
#1 Diversity: Not just a marketing buzzword but a genuine multicultural hub of students from diverse backgrounds:
- 92 per cent from state schools;
- 75 per cent BAME (black, Asian and minority ethnic);
- 49 per cent first into higher education;
- 35 per cent from households where the annual taxable income is less than £20k,
qualifying them automatically for the most generous Queen Mary University of
#2 Inclusion: We are committed to supporting students to achieve their potential. We support students from various backgrounds including LGBTQI+ people, people with disabilities and learning differences, neurodiverse people, Muslim students and those from the incredibly diverse community we are a part of in central London.
#3 Russell Group Standard Teaching: We are a top quality institution but with a down to earth feel. We pride ourselves on quality of teaching and how our incredible research feeds into inspiring classes and support for your own development.
#4 Make Lifelong Friends: Our friendly community has societies, opportunities to meet your fellow students out of class, peer-support for study, activities for residents, wellness programmes and much more.
#5 Campus vibe in the middle of the world’s most exciting city: We have an off street campus by the Regent’s Canal. We are close to the city centre with all its attractions but with enough breathing space to relax and study in peace. We have coffee shops, corner stores and so much space to study all over our main Mile End Site. The campus is welcoming and is accessible via public transport from all over London. We have 4 tube lines, the DLR and buses galore including the new Elizabeth Line being a short walk away.
#6 Your Career: We are focussed on helping you succeed in any career you want to do. From industry workshops, bespoke placements and 1-2-1 advice we are here to support your dreams. English has a 92% employment rate.
#7 Money Support & Uni Jobs: We support students from low-income background with a bursary, offer part-time jobs in our Student Union and all over campus as well as guaranteeing affordable first year accommodation.
And here’s three bonus reasons…
- #8 FOOD: We have over 4,000 Deliveroo options who deliver here. We are nearby to foodie heaven Brick Lane and one stop from Westfield: Stratford City for food and shopping.
- #9 COUNSELLING & MENTAL HEALTH FIRST AID: We have hundreds of mental health first aiders to help students and staff as well as free courses of counselling and liaison with mental health professionals.
- #10 FACILITIES: We have a 24 hour library at Mile End, access to the beautiful Senate House Library, BLOC cinema, 2 performance studios and hundreds of student study spaces on campus which you can book online.